Dear Family and Friends,
Well this is my last email as a full-time missionary. I will be on a plane flying home next week at this time. Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement these last 18 months. It has been the hardest, but the best time of my life. I have learned so much about myself and about God's plan for us! It truly has been a blessing.
I've learned so much on my mission.
1. Every missionary should have a foot tan, and if they don't then they haven't worked hard enough.
2. I will never have a dog because they will wake you up at 5:30 every morning.
3. The first week of the transfer takes like 5 weeks and the last week takes like 30 seconds.
4. Biking in the rain is harder than it looks.
5. I hate the post office. They will destroy everything you send.
6. Desire squared equals goal plus vision divided by the twelve tribes of Israel! That's how you set goals.
7. God loves everyone even if you're CRAZY. Especially if you're crazy...
8. A Mormon talent show is not like a regular talent show!!
9. You should never talk to Hobos that cut their toes off.
10. Everyone has family issues, even if they seem perfect...
11. It's really hard to hide your yawns when you yawn like 50 times in one lesson...
12. Even if you wear the same thing everyday people still love you
13. If you try to listen to good music while shopping all you'll hear is classical and Mexican music. The struggle is real.
I know God lives and He has a plan for each one of us. I know the path we are called to walk is, at times, very difficult, but I also know He has sent Jesus Christ to walk it with us. We are never alone. His "arms are stretched out still". I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and was called to restore the church on the earth today. I know Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today. I also know the Book of Mormon is true. If you read it and pray about it you will gain a testimony because God has promised you that.
See you all soon. Love,